It’s finally Black Friday Season! While we are busy getting our Thanksgiving plans in place, retail stores have already started prepping for “Black Friday”. Here are some interesting historical facts about Black Friday:
- Black Friday is November 27, 2020
- Some stores may open as early as Thursday (Thanksgiving) morning with “doorbusters”
- It is the busiest shopping day of the year in the United States since 2005
- Police in Philadelphia began using the phrase to describe the heavy traffic that occurred in 1961.
- Once the phrase was widespread it meant the day of the year when retailers made a profit – going from “in the red” to “in the black”.
What are you most excited to shop for on Black Friday? Sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss out on all the great deals this Holiday season.